This election is pivotal, as it is clear we face some serious challenges in our future. Our greatest, is to balance protecting our way of life, built here over many years, with necessary changes to ensure the community we love continues to thrive. My conversations with hundreds of residents, and my experience on the School Board and Council have shaped my vision.
Like many of you I want to live in a community that is livable, vibrant and inclusive, where,
- There are new, more diverse forms of housing for citizens of all ages;
- The charm and vitality of our commercial villages are restored;
- Innovative solutions make travel across the N. Shore and into Vancouver easier;
- The natural beauty of our parks, mountains, oceans and streams is protected; and
- All residents have the opportunity to connect with others, contribute, and feel they belong.
This is why I want to be your mayor: to work on finding solutions to these critical issues - to work together, deal with competing interests, and find “the sweet spot”. There is common ground, and I have the experience, vision and passion to lead West Vancouver into the next chapter of its celebrated history.